Thursday, October 7, 2010

PAINT!!!!!!!!!


About $120 later.... I have 24, 20ml tubes of paint, and five GREATLY needed paint brushes! :) YAY! I was pretty impressed with myself, I had about 10 brushes I wanted and I shortened it to HALF! And I just got them all today! I love art supplies!

I use Shinhan paints, which are made in Korea. I like them because they are firm, yet smooth, and glide nicely. In the past, just to be cheep I would buy winsor and newton to replace my shinhans...... which I realized was not so great. There really is a difference, winsor and newton aren't bad, but they aren't fantastic either, their texture is different from the shinhans, solid, and oily blobs... I don't really like the texture on my brush. But Shinhans are beyond fantastic!



these are my five brushes! there are three different types and companies here, I can't remember them all, but they are all new to me. I have usually used something else, I don't even remember the name, and they have worked really well for me, but I wanted to experiment with something new!

instead of my usual sable hair, I got three fitch hair brushes, I wanna see if there is any difference, plus the bristles are longer than I typically use (maybe that will help eliminate my grinding?) they seem a little coarser, yet finer, looser and have a little more volume to them. Also they are brights, normally I use filberts or almonds (this is the shape of the brush) an almond or a filbert is more domed in shape, a bright and a flat are, well, flat.) Also, these guys just look super pretty! I DID get one sable... it is the brush with the red handle. but it also has longer bristles.


I love fan brushes... I have never owned one, except for when I bought one at Jo-Ann's once...... it was like $3..... I could have bought a candy bar and I would have been 1000 times more satisfied.... that brush was a failure to all brushes! lol! This one however is made of sable, and looks and feels amazing!... it also makes a great goatee.



This brush is spanish, and it's just a plain old bristle brush. This style of brush has been around for years and years. One of the impressionist artists, (I forget which. ) commissioned this brush from a famous brush maker (I can't remember his name either.... gosh no one will believe my story..... but it was all up on the website!) because he wanted something sturdy (this brush claims to last forever!) yet, lush and flexible. TADA! And impressionist artists have been using it for years and years since then!

I love art. i really do. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment